If you’re a long-time IWTBH reader, you’ve definitely met Anessa here before. We met when she first cut my hair years ago (she still does at her little gem of an East Village salon, Headdress), and now our 4-year-old boys are best buddies. Since Anessa always looks super cute and has very specific, laid-back ideas about style, I asked her to come back to share her latest obsessions — needless to say, they are now mine, too! For the best haircut and color of your life, book an appointment at her salon (they are taking Covid very seriously and are following all the safe guidelines to a T). For great hair inspo, follow her here. p.s. her top is old Uniqlo (I’ve done an exhaustive search and have come up empty, but check out this cute one that she would totally wear that has a similar vibe); the shorts are vintage Wrangler (just like these), the chokers are this by Gigi Clozeau and something like this featuring her son Wolf’s name. The slides are these Birks that she’s been wearing lately with everything. And now for her picks:
1. When I’m in the salon, comfort is key, so I usually go for an easy dress or a good pair of jeans. These Rolla’s flared cords are so up my alley for fall — flattering, cool and easy.
2. Since I’m on my feet all day either at work or running after my four-year-old, I need something completely comfy, but of course cute too. I almost bought the usual Dansko cheffy clogs but I am more into the Chelsea boots , which are also better in colder weather.
3. Undressed is my new favorite product from the Hairstory line. It’s a texture spray that is not overly drying — think of it as a more elevated version of your usual sea salt spray (i.e. it doesn’t make everything dull). I like to put it in my hair when it’s dry — about 15 sprays at the crown from root to mid lengths for added volume and movement.
4. I recently polished all of my old silver and turquoise jewelry and have been wearing it every day (see photo). Since I have a thing for Fred Harvey-era pieces, this sweet cuff from Vicki Turbeville is calling my name — I could spend hours on her site!
5. I’ve been looking for a soft cotton kimono to make me feel good even hanging around the house (which we’re all doing a lot lately) and was so happy to find this perfect pretty cotton one at a great price on Etsy.